Friday, July 3, 2009

story start

Friday

That girl in the front, the one with the blond ponytail, that’s Alyssa Cramar. We used to be friends, grew up together actually. She would be sitting by Collin…Just look at her smiling, like nothing on earth could possibly be wrong in her perfect little world. Like nothing has changed at all. They’re not even paying attention to anything in class, not that I really am either. But at least I know what we’re covering today; quadratic functions, again. Same thing we’ve been working on for the last week, no, the last two weeks. I remember because we started them the same day everything else happened.

Two weeks. Has it really only been two weeks? It seems so much longer than that. Two weeks ago I would have been sitting on the other side of Alyssa, smiling and ignoring Mr. Scotts. Funny how 14 days can change so much. Now I’m stuck sitting in the back next to…next to who? Ha, next to one of the potheads and one of the acne faces, perfect. High school sucks. I don’t know of any other stage in life you can go from being popular and cool to being a complete outcast in such a short time and still have to sit through class after class of math lessons you’ll never use.

Ok so maybe I wasn’t that cool. But I was friends with the popular people, and that made me somewhat cool by association. Not that it matters anymore. I’ll probably be stuck sitting by Pizza Face and Marijuana Boy for the rest of the semester. And wait, sniff, yeah, Pizza’s got BO too, wonderful, life just keeps on getting better and better.


Thursday

I’m not used to being early for class. Six minutes to get to you locker and back to a classroom are a lot longer when no one will talk to you. Note to self: Bring book to school tomorrow.

Alyssa wouldn’t even look at me in lunch today. And to think, I was so excited to have the same lunch period as her when we got our schedules last month. You know those movies when the new girl walks into the lunchroom with a tray of food and scans all the tables for a place to sit and ends up eating in the bathroom stall by herself crying? Yeah that was me today, minus the crying part. Note to self: find way to survive without having to eat lunch.

At least tomorrow’s Friday. Only one more day to survive until the weekend. So much for going to the beach on Saturday. I wonder what they would say if I just showed up. It was my idea after all, why should I be the one to stay home while they go and have fun? I bet Collin won’t even realize I’m not there. At least he’ll pretend not to realize. He can’t be that heartless. At least I didn’t think he could be. But who knows! I didn’t think a lot of things could be possible before this!

Like have to ride the bus to school every day, never thought I’d have to sit through that agony again. But riding the 9 minutes and 27 seconds in a car with Alyssa made the half hour on the big yellow bus seem like a first class flight. Note to self: buy earplugs.

No comments: